Straighten Edge – 3ds Max MAXscript, allows you to align the vertices / edges in a straight line, which is given by two clicks.
The script works with the following objects / modifiers:
When ALT key is pressed vertices/edges will be normalized.
When SHIFT key is pressed vertices/edges will be straighten with axis constraints (in World coordinates).
(how to use axis constraints please read 3dsmax help Using the Axis Constraints chapter).
- Drag and drop .mcr file in viewport.
- In Customize -> Customize User Interface -> Category -> Veda3d.com assign Straighten Edge on hotkey or on any element of UI.
How to usage:
- Select an Editable Poly object (or another of the supported objects / modifiers) -> switch to Vertex / Edge mode -> select one or more edges (edges) -> run the script.
- Using the snap, specify the first point and then the second, between which a straight line is formed along which the selected sub-objects will be aligned.
|v1.5.1 (13.10.2019)||– Fixed bug when constrains mode doesn’t works with Edit Poly modifier|
|v1.5.0 (30.09.2018)||– Fixed bug in constraint mode when verteces not align properly (constraint mode works in World coordinate system)|
|v1.4.0 (01.02.2009)||– Added restrictions of straight. Use SHIFT key to get straight with axis constraints.
– Now snap mode and type are restored after straighten. When straightening begins, snap mode changes in active and snap type in 3D.
|v1.3.0 (05.08.2008)||– Added normalize when straight. Use ALT key to get vertexes/edges normalized.|
|v1.2.0 (23.05.2008)||– Added support for Edit Poly modifier
– Added support for Editable Spline & Line objects (vertex only).
|v1.1.1 (21.08.2007)||– Fixed bug when vertices are not placed properly when Constraints is on|
|v1.1.0 (16.05.2007)||– Added support to work with edges
– Added support for modifiers over Editable Poly baseobject – Now after vertex/edges straightened snap mode is off
|v1.0.0 (25.09.2006)||– Initial release for MAX 8.|
Sometimes modeling, texturing, or animation work in 3ds Max requires optimization. In the case of a unique task, a tool is required that is only suitable for solving it.
If you could not find a ready maxscript to solve for your problem you can make an order to develop custom maxscript from me.
Cost of develop begins from 30$ and depending on complexity of maxscript.
Use the form below to make an order the develop MaxScript according to your technical specifications.
Do not forget to include your email, which I can contact with you to clarify the list of works.