Biped Manipulator (maxscript)
Last Updated on 19/06/2023
Biped Manipulator – 3ds Max MAXScript, allows to select fast any objects/bones and also the whole groups of objects as arms, legs and spine. Since manipulator uses objects names to select objects/bones it is possible to use it with any rigs systems like Character Studio, CAT, custom rigs etc. Biped Manipulator doesn’t occupy much screen place. If there are several bipeds on the scene it is possible to use for convenience several Biped Manipulators.
Root – Biped system root name
Skeleton | Hand/Feet – Switch between Skeleton and Hand/Feet manipulator mode
XY Position – manipulator icon position in the viewport
Hand/Feet – manipulated biped type
Left/Right – manipulated side Open config from file – load configuration from file to manipulator
Save config to file – save configuration from manipulator to file
Copy config to clipboard – copy configuration from manipulator to Windows clipboard
Paste config to clipboard – paste configuration from Windows clipboard to manipulator
- Scripted Objects/Helpers (*.ms) should be placed in maxroot/plugins/ and are then accessed through the “Create panel” in 3dsmax.
- How to use manipulators read in the 3dsmax help, chapter Manipulator Helper Objects
- v2.1.1 (19.06.2023) Fixed manipulator color and installation paths for 3ds Max 2024+
- v2.1.0 (03.12.2009) Added support for Biped Knuckles bones (default).
- v2.0.0 (01.04.2009) Hand Manipulator is merged with Biped Manipulator. To switch between them use Shift+click on “F/f”.All manipulator parts are configurable;
Rewritten selection functions;
“Unhide Selection” macro script included;